It’s finally that time of year where the evenings are getting lighter and the temperatures are slowly but surely rising, signally that spring is very much on the horizon. It’s the ideal season to put your energy into some much needed spring cleaning and get your home and garden ready for the long awaited summer.
But, what are the best ways to decorate your home and get it really summer ready? We’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks to get you started, and, if you decide to invest in some new products and accessories, we can also help you save money. Just check out this Terrys Fabrics discount code first order, and you can pick up a deal today!
Step 1: The Spring Clean
- This may seem like a rather daunting task, but is one of the most rewarding jobs you can do is guaranteed to make both you and your home feel lighter and full of positive energy.
- Take some time to declutter and organise all areas of your home, especially areas like the living room and bedroom where you will be spending more time.
- There are many items that we use during the winter months that we can store away as they are not necessary during warmer weather, such as blankets, duvets, and any items or that you use to keep yourself entertained on long winter evenings. Packing these things away will create more space so that you can focus on your summer decorations.
Step 2: Focus on your surroundings
- Winter weather usually calls for a cozy and inviting atmosphere and there are many ways you may have chosen to adapt your home for this reason. Now that the sunshine is on the way, it’s time get ready to welcome it with open arms!
- Think about textiles and materials that you can switch out for more seasonally appropriate options, such as curtains, rugs, blankets and throws.
- Colour is a key factor here. It’s time to put away the heavy blankets that we’re keeping you warm on the sofa and substitute them with bright and colourful, or even neutral throws and cushions.
- Curtains are possibly one of the most important things to consider. You may have used heavier fabrics during the winter to keep out the cold but now that it’s getting warmer and lighter, switch them up for a lightweight material that will allow you to enjoy the natural light and the view from your windows and doors.
Step 3: Decorate!
- What you choose to decorate your home is ultimately a matter of personal choice but there are many recommendations that you can consider.
- One of the most popular choices is to add plants and flowers to your home. This is a great way to feel a natural, summery vibe and will make your entire home feel fantastic.
- It’s also especially a good idea if you don’t have a lot of outdoor space, because you can bring the outdoors into your home with fabulous flowers and gorgeous plants to really lift the mood.
- On the other hand, if you are lucky enough to have a garden or some form of outside living area, it’s another opportunity to decorate! You can choose exciting and inviting deocations and accessories to spruce up your garden or balcony so that you can make the most of it all summer long.
- If you’re considering entertaining your guests outside, you can create the perfect party atmosphere for enjoying drinks or barbecues without going over your budget.
- Before you invite your guests, make sure you check out the weather forecast to avoid any unexpected downpours! Check a reliable source like BBC Weatherto find accurate weather forecasts for your area.
Getting your home ready for summer can be a fun and rewarding task. Start with a spring clean to declutter and create space for summer decorations. Focus on changing textiles and materials to more seasonally appropriate options, such as curtains, rugs, blankets, and throws. Choose bright and colourful or neutral colours to bring the summer vibe into your home.
Adding plants and flowers is a popular choice to create a natural, summery atmosphere. If you have an outdoor space, it’s another opportunity to decorate and create the perfect summer party atmosphere. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast to avoid any unexpected downpours before inviting your guests. By following these tips and tricks, you can create a welcoming and enjoyable home environment for the summer months. And don’t forget to use discount codes like the Terrys Fabrics discount code for first orders to help you save money while sprucing up your home for summer.