These terms and conditions of purchase and ownership will help you understand what to expect when buying a Wood Create piece of furniture.
- When confirming an order for any furniture we take 100% payment for the order total. This includes the item(s), VAT and delivery.
- Any non-bespoke item(s) will include a 30 day money-back guarantee in accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- Lead times for bespoke items will vary depending on the order but you should expect 4 – 8 weeks. This can sometimes be longer but this will be made clear before ordering your item(s). We always aim to create your item(s) as fast as possible and in some cases can exceed expectations.
Cracks in wood
These terms primarily apply to dining and coffee tables. Desks and other smaller items that have been made from manufactured planks will not incur the same cracking or splitting that larger pieces might.
- Seasoning – As wood is a natural material it’s quite common to have cracks, especially when wider pieces are used. The wider the wood, the more likely it is to have a crack. These cracks normally occur during the drying process, both when the wood is curing and secondly during the kiln drying process. These crack can be filled using a wood filler or epoxy resin and can also be left open. When left open we can clean and tidy the crack to emphasise the nature of the wood.
- After delivery – Further cracks may appear after the table has been made and has been delivered to you. Again, this is a natural process in which the wood acclimatises to its new environment. This normally happens within the first 12 months. This is primarily caused by the difference in moisture content within your home. If you wish to minimise the changes of the wood cracks you can allow fresh air to circulate through the room in which the table is placed. You could also install a dehumidifier to control the moisture levels or put a container of water that can slowly evaporate into the room.
- Heat and sunlight – Solid wood furniture is more susceptible to cracking or even twisting when in direct sunlight or near a source of heat such as under floor heating or a radiator. It is important to reduces these elements as much as possible by shading the table from sunlight and switching off heat sources for the first two months. Cracking or other damage caused due to excessive heat or sunlight will not be covered by my 12 month guarantee.
Many of our customers like the natural effect of wood cracks as it emphasises the authentic character of the wood.
Features and sizing
- Natural features – Wood is a natural material that will have knots, lighter or darker spots and other features which is to be expected in all my furniture. In most cases we will always use wood from the same tree for each table but there is no guarantee that the wood will be the same colour on planks or between planks.
- Sizing – Please note that a table size will not always be accurate to the exact millimetre requested but will be within 5%.
Caring for your table
Stains, marks and wear – Each table will be protected with a durable oil wax but it is still important to use coasters and place mats to protect your table. The finish on the table can fade after some time (3+ years) or due to heavy use, so re-applying the oil may be required as it begins to fade. Please get in touch for recommendations on the best oils to use.