Ingenious storage solutions are often the key to a well-organised home. From the bedroom to the kitchen to the bathroom, finding smart, efficient ways to store belongings is an essential part of making your place functional and comfortable.
This is especially true in the case of small houses and apartments, as practical storage solutions can help maximise the available space, not to mention that without proper organisation, you will eventually drown in a mess. However, even if you have plenty of room to move around, making the most of your available storage space can help reduce clutter, keep your home neat and tidy and allow you to find things you need quickly.
In this article, we will explore some of the best storage solutions for every room in your house. Whether you’re planning a trip to the nearest store or want to opt for custom-designed storage solutions, read on to discover how to keep your place clutter-free.
As the bedroom is where we relax and recharge, it’s vital to keep it tidy, as the mess can negatively impact our mental health. Luckily, there are a lot of storage solutions that can keep even the smallest bedroom looking neat at all times.
- Under-the-bed storage. Utilising the space under the bed is one of the most efficient ways to store stuff. You can buy special storage boxes that fit snugly under the bed or make your own storage boxes using plastic containers or old shoe boxes.
- Closet organisers. Closet organisers are a great way to maximise the space in your closet. You can find closet organisers in different sizes and styles or make your own using wooden or wire shelves.
- Wall shelves. Wall shelves are perfect for storing books, knick-knacks, and other items. They are also great for displaying photos and plants, as well as for keeping your bedside table clutter-free.
- Hanging organisers. Hanging organisers are ideal for small things such as jewellery, scarves, and other accessories. You can even use hanging organisers to store shoes and other items that don’t fit in your closet.
- Hanging curtains. Hanging curtains are not just for decoration – they can serve as functional storage space for smaller pieces such as scarves, belts, hats, and gloves.
The kitchen is probably the most important room in the house, as it’s where we cook and dine with our loved ones. Needless to say, kitchen clutter can get out of control very quickly, so it’s essential to have smart storage solutions that will help keep your place organised.
- Metal racks. Metal racks are great for storing small objects such as pots and pans. You can also use them to create vertical storage space on your countertops.
- Drawer dividers. Drawer dividers not only help you organise your utensils but can also keep small stuff, such as spices, tea bags, candles, etc., in place.
- Hanging baskets. Hanging baskets can store fruits, herbs, and other garden produce. They are also great for storing smaller items such as tea bags, spices, etc.
- Plastic containers. Plastic containers are great for storing rice, pasta, flour, and other dry goods. They can also be used to store food in the freezer.
The bathroom, with its limited space and humidity, is not the best place to store anything. However, you still need to organise your toiletries and other bathroom essentials.
Here are some storage ideas that can help you make the most of the available space:
- Knock-down shelving. Knock-down shelving, or wall-mounted shelves, are great for storing bathroom items such as towels, toiletries, and others.
- Pegboards. Pegboards provide an efficient way to store whatever you use on a regular basis, such as razors and makeup brushes.
- Wall hooks. Wall hooks are great for hanging towels and other clothing.
- Closet organisers. Closet organisers, such as shower caddies and tub organisers, are ideal for maximising the space in your bathroom.
- Tub organisers. You can use tub organisers to store shampoo bottles, soap, and others.
The living room is where we gather with friends and family or relax after a long day, so it’s essential to keep it clutter-free. Here are some storage solutions that can help you make your living room as organised and comfortable as possible:
- Floating shelves. You can use floating shelves to display books, plants, and other decor items.
- Ottomans with storage. Ottomans with storage are great for storing blankets, pillows, and other items.
- Hanging baskets. Hanging baskets are a great way to store magazines, newspapers, and other items.
- Cabinets. Cabinets are perfect for keeping DVDs, video games, and other media items organised.
- Wall hooks. Wall hooks are great for hanging coats, hats, etc.
Working from a specifically dedicated space, such as a home office, is a great way to stay organised and concentrated on the task at hand. However, it can quickly become cluttered if you don’t have the proper storage solutions.
Here are some ideas that can help you keep your home office neat and conducive to productivity:
- Desk organisers. Desk organisers are perfect for keeping all of your office supplies in one place.
- Filing cabinets. Filing cabinets are a great way to store documents and other important papers.
- Wall shelves. Wall shelves are ideal for displaying books, plants, and other decor items.
- Binders. Binders are an efficient way to organise your notes, documents, and other paperwork.
- Drawer dividers. Drawer dividers are great for keeping your desk drawers organised.
Having a well-organised home is essential for creating a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. You can maximise your storage space and keep your home clutter-free by efficiently utilising the available space.
From under-the-bed storage to wall shelves to closet organisers, many storage solutions can help you make the most of the available space in your home. And this, in turn, can help you keep your place neat and organised, allowing you to enjoy it to the fullest.
With a bit of creativity and effort, you can make your home more comfortable and inviting.